National Quality Registry for Gallstone Surgery (GallRiks)
Registry category: Gastrointestinal diseases
Certification level: 1
Central personal data controller (CPUA): Region Jönköpings
GallRiks is a national quality registry for gallstone surgery and ERCP.
The aims of the registry are to:
- contribute to more uniform and evidence-based management of gallstone disease with regard to surgical indication and choice of surgical technique.
- identify patient benefits of treatment for gallstones
- enable early detection of unanticipated adverse effects of new methods for the treatment of gallstones when they are implemented in routine healthcare
- support local quality assurance efforts for gallstone surgery
- contribute to increased knowledge on gallstone disease and its treatment
The registry was established in 2005 with support from the National Board of Health and Welfare, the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions, the Jönköping County Council and the Swedish Surgical Society. The steering committee includes representatives from the Swedish Surgical Society (SKF), the Swedish Society for Innovative Surgical Technology (SIKT), and the Swedish Society for Upper Abdominal Surgery (SFÖAK).
GallRiks is an intervention registry in which gallstone operations and ERCP are registered. The registry has a good coverage rate of over 90 percent. There are currently about 60,000 cholecystectomies and nearly 40,000 ERCP registered in the database. A number of research projects using data from GallRiks are being conducted and are reported on GallRik’s website.
Find contact information on the registry’s website.