Amputation and prostheses
National Quality Registry for Amputation and Prostheses (SwedAmp)
Registry category: Diseases of the movement organs
Certification level: 3
Central personal data controller (CPUA): Region Skåne
The purpose of this registry is to generate data for the objective evaluation of factors leading to amputation, to register amputation incidence and complications, amputation position, prosthetic fitting and rehabilitation, and to evaluate the patient’s situation before and after amputation.
- To provide a coherent view of the amputation panorama and its consequences, which is not possible solely on the basis of data from the impatient registry.
- To demonstrate differences in care during amputation, prosthetic fitting and rehabilitation (indications, frequency, treatment strategy, amputation position, healing level and prosthesis accessibility).
- To provide data for cost analyses at regional and national levels.
- To provide guidance in the planning and treatment for individual patients at risk for amputation.
- To provide data for the evaluation of prosthetic fitting, rehabilitation, and of the components of the prosthesis.
- To provide data for feedback and improvement measures throughout the continuum of care.
Find contact information on the registry’s website.